Thursday, July 24, 2008

Never enough time

Today, I got up and watched the demo for a little while in the Claire Kelly/Anthony Schafermeyer class. Ian explained the proper difference between a tazza and a low bowl, and I realized that I'd been misusing the word "tazza" for god knows how long. Lee talked reticello and powder pick-ups and bad coffee. I've been thinking a lot about how there's only a month left of this - it's going by so fast. Six months ago, I thought I hit my limit with this. I can't see around this corner now, but I'm guessing for what it's worth, it's not over yet. But time is pressing down a bit, so I left and hit the library so that maybe I can plow through the Combustion Handbook and some other thing I found, a glass-as-a-material engineering handbook before my time here is done, and I go back to some other thing.

I have an interview tomorrow with Harry for an open shop tech position. I kind of want to stay here - there's nothing waiting for me back in Philly. I'm so humbled by all the good things I see every day, and it feels pretty good not being divided between several lifestyles at once - where lawyers may not always see creative types as dedicated workers, and where the closest I can get to production work is being ask to spellcheck the pros because the glassworkers think I'm such a square. So wish me luck with Harry. I probably need it.

No comments: